This week I ran a social media workshop with Darwin business women for Commonwealth Bank Regional and Agribusiness Banking NT.
What a lead in to International Women’s Day events! Absolutely loved sharing some advice and encouraging these legends to be creative and have fun with their content and brand.
It’s a challenging time for businesses trying to reach social media audiences, we’ve all got to think outside the box and really empathise with our communities to cut through. I hope everyone took something useful away.
Here are 5 take aways from the workshop
- Be creative and trust that you know your brand. Use that voice and create a character to engage with your audience and let people know what your business is about.
- Empathise and focus on your audience, how do they use social media, why are they on there, what content do they like and what are they looking for – match your offerings with them in mind
- Find a way to enjoy and have fun producing social media content. Use apps that work naturally for you and enjoy the process. The more you enjoy it the more authentic the material you’ll produce and more engaging people will find it.
- Your business page posts aren’t going to reach people as effectively as people’s posts will – so leverage, collaborate and include. You need human beings to share your story and engage, you can’t be the only one blowing the trumpet. Social influencers, ambassadors and user generated content for the win.
- If you haven’t done it yet now is the time to explore stories, ephemeral content and videos – it’s where social media is heading and if you’re not comfortable with creating that content … well you have some homework.