Do you need your resume updated? Want a cover letter that really makes you stand out?
We’re offering a special February/March offer for job applicants or people keen to re-energise their resumes.
$120 for a resume and cover letter refresh.
A good resume is important for getting you an interview and then the potential to really explain your skills and connect with a future employer.
Here’s my top tips for a solid resume:
- Take time to format it and make sure it has white space – you want it to be easy to read, clear to differentiate sections and not too hard on the eyes
- Definitely put the important information first and make sure it’s RELEVANT to the job you’re applying for – even if that means having more than one resume if you’re applying for different types of work
- You don’t have to include EVERYTHING – sorry, no one is going to read it all, so keep it condensed, relevant and the best of the best
- Have actual achievements and examples of what YOU delivered in your past positions – don’t just regurgitate the job description
- Don’t presume your future employer knows everything – spell out acronyms and give short explanations or companies or jobs to make it easier for the person reading the resume
- Have some of your personality in there – if you’re a future employee the employers need to make sure you’re a good fit with the company culture – make this clear for them
If anyone is after an updated resume or cover letter get in contact – would love to help.