Feeling very lucky to be part of the DVAA ArtBiz Workshop Series.
Amy has been delivering workshops for artists around social media, branding and how to pitch yourself and network with confidence. It’s been an absolute blast and all the attendees have been incredible.
It’s a hard thing as an artist to talk about your craft and try and engage others in the journey but here are a few of my tips:
- Be authentic, you want to believe in what you’re doing as much as the person you’re talking to
- It’s ok for someone to say no, don’t take it personally
- Be kind to yourself, reward yourself for doing things out of your comfort zone
- Thoughts can be self fulfilling – keep positive and rational
- Try and enjoy the experiences and connect in a real way
- Support your peers
- Be present, networking isn’t about selling in the moment it’s all about building a connection and following up
We’ll be running lots more workshops this year including ones for International Student and October Business Month so watch this space.
Photos by Paz Tassone